Born in 1988 in Wlodawa, Eastern Poland, Mateusz Baj is a London based documentary photographer graduate from the University of the Arts London and University of Warsaw. Member and co founder of inPRO Collective. His field of interest lies on all forms of documenting social issues.
Awards and discintions
- 2019 - Magnum Photos/ British Journal of Photography - Portrait of Humanity
- 2018 - Grand Press Photo - 2nd prize in Category "Arts and Culture"
- 2018 - Joop Swart Masterclass/ nominee
- 2017 - Runner-up College Photographer of the Year
- 2017 - Leica Street Phtoto/ Winner
- 2017 - Lens Culture Photography Awards/ Student Spotlight
- 2017 - "Młoda Polska" grant from the Polish Ministry of Culture and National Heritage
- 2016 - Grand Press Foto nomination in category portrait
- 2016 - BZ WBK Press Foto 1st prize in the category "People"
- 2015 - BZ WBK Press Foto – 2nd prize in the category “Arts and Culture”
- 2015 - MAGNUM PHOTOS “30under30”- shortlisted
- 2014 - Sony World Photography Awards/ National Award
- 2014 - Grand Press Photo- 2nd prize in the category People
- 2014 - an entry in “DEBUTS” - an album including 36 most talented polish photographers of the young generation